This recipe offers a fast and easy way to get a #Farmacy on your plate, with 3 Weapons of Heart Disease Destruction:
- Beta-Carotene – used by the body to make Vitamin A. This supports healthy tissue growth.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acid – binds moisture to the tissue. Did you know that dehydration is the number one cause of heart attack?
- Dimethylaminorthine – prevents environmental damage and slows the aging process.
Wild caught salmon contains 27% Omega-3s. Whereas, farm raised has only about 17%. Please support sustainable harvest seafood.
- 2 tsps Safflower oil
- 1 sm Shallot, minced
- 1/3 c Peach preserves
- 1/3 c Orange marmalade
- 2 tsps Red Wine vinegar
- Saute shallot in safflower oil until soft. Do not brown.
- Stir in preserves and marmalade. Heat until melted.
- Turn off heat and stir in vinegar.
- Grill salmon and glaze.
This yummy glaze is also delicious on tempeh, pork, fish, or chicken. I’ve even used it with cooked grains. e.g.: Cook wild rice as directed. Remove from heat and gently fold in 2-3 Tbls of glaze. Or, toss with toasted cashews and sliced green onions for a very tasty vegan/gluten-free entree. Who knew Weapons of Heart Disease Destruction could be so flavorful?! And Spring is on the way! So, very soon we’ll look at another WHDD that is more plentiful in the Spring and it affects our hearts. Here’s a clue: it’s not a food. Sleep well! Hey, there’s another heart protector; good sleep. And, after a plate of Peach Glazed Salmon, we should all sleep better!