https://themedicinechef.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/poms_01.jpg 650 1000 Tina Martini https://themedicinechef.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/tmc_logo_01.png Tina Martini2015-02-02 12:00:432015-02-02 12:00:43Pomegranate Vinaigrette (WHDD)
February marks the end of pomegranate season. Use the fresh fruit in both sweet and savory recipes. The juice makes a great vinaigrette for your favorite salad. Here’s one I use often.
It’s rich in anthocyanins and ellagic acid keep endothelial cells healthy and free from environmental damage.
- 1/4 small shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 Tbls Pomegranate juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsps Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbls Honey
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- Place all ingredients except the olive oil in a blender.
- Pulse to chop shallot and garlic.
- With the blender running at medium speed, slowly drizzle olive oil in a stream, to emulsify with the dressing.
- Chill and serve.